The short format revolution
Tik Tok is a Chinese social network focused on short time vertical videos (lip synch type) that you can put the rhythm too. They are based on fun themes like dance, comedy or education. The duration time from 3 to 15 seconds.
Created by the Chinese billionaire Zhang Yiming, Tik Tok was launched in 2017 worldwide, since in 2016 it already existed as Douyin in China, (in fact they share many of the functionalities, although not exactly the same). Since then the application has had a strong global reception, being one of the most downloaded applications on Android and IOS.
In 2020, US President Donald Trump tried to ban US transactions with Tik Tok and WeChat, but was eventually blocked by order of a judge. The App has also been banned in countries like Pakistan, denouncing some videos as indecent content. Today it is one of the fastest growing social networks along with Zoom and Peacock.
Tik Tok has undergone a great evolution since its inception, and the variety of styles have been expanded including musical montages to funny short videos full of augmented reality filters. Like Snapchat or Instagram, the app has become a warehouse of creativity for young people, adults and teenagers. And their forecasts are very optimistic for the future.
The problem is that to use tik tok you necessarily need a mobile. So PC users are now without a desktop application to use the social network.
Tik Tok Features
- Video streaming.
- Through hashtags, promotes challenges.
- Augmented reality filters.
- Virtual currencies to buy or give away.
- Possibility of video editing before uploading it.
- Chat to communicate.
- Browse tab to search.
Steps to download and install Tik Tok on PC
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete the Google login to access the Play Store, or do it later.
- Search for Tik Tok in the search bar in the upper right corner and install it.
- Complete the Google login (if you skipped step 2) to install Tik Tok.
- Click on the Tik Tok icon on the Bluestacks home screen to start the app.
Download BlueStacks for PC or Mac
- Title: BlueStacks App Player 5.0
- File name: BlueStacksInstaller_184.108.40.2063_native.exe
- File size: 1.1MB (1,190,024 bytes)
- Requeriments: Windows 7, Windows 8, de Windows 10, Windows 11 (Works in all versions) or MacOS
- Languages: Multiple languages
- Licence: Freeware
- Developer: Bluestack Systems Inc.
- Official website: www.bluestacks.com