A real alternative
Line is a messaging application created and popularized in Japan by Line Corporation. With it we can send messages, images, videos and even audios. Although video calls with multiple participants is also possible, that is why today it is considered a direct competitor of WhatsApp Messenger or Telegram.
The app was officially launched in 2011 as a solution to a communication problem created by the failure of the main telephony services in Japan. The Korean company NHN developed the application to be able to communicate with each other, extending with its launch on the market 2 months later. Since then the application has gained millions and millions of users.
Initially it was an application designed for mobile devices with Android or IOS, but after its great popularity it was extended to other desktop devices.
The operation does not go beyond the revolutionary, but it fulfills the basic functions necessary for communication. The system automatically searches like WhatsApp for the contacts in your agenda to import them, and from there the communication with our friends begins.
The basic functionalities are: stickers, groups, camera filters, calendar, calls and video calls thanks to the VoIP protocol.
The different sections are represented by 5 buttons that can be summarized as: instant messages, friends, news, calls and Line functions.
Line’s services are: LINE’s physical store (FRIENDS), gift shop, LINE games, LINE square looks, LINE taxi and LINE pay. But currently many others have been created that are continually expanded due to the growth of the app.
Line for PC
There are versions of Line for Windows and Mac, but they have limitations and are not complete.
Line is an application designed for mobile and the native version has more features than its desktop version, so I recommend installing Line through Bluestacks. To install Line on your PC as the Android version follow the instructions that I am going to give you.
- Is Free.
- Send messages, calls, video calls, emoticons, stickers.
- Share photos, videos and music.
- Creation and management of groups.
- It has games.
- It has a bulletin board.
- Integrated QR and NFC.
- Filters for camera.
- Microsoft Word synchronization.
- Taxi service.
- Function confirmed reading.
- Possibility of sharing location.
- It has antivirus.
- Immensity of additional services in expansion.
Steps to download and install Line on PC
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete the login for accessing Google Play Store, or do it later.
- Search for Line in the search bar in the upper right corner and install it.
- Complete your Google login (if you skipped step 2) to install Line.
- Click the Line icon on the Bluestacks home screen to open the app.
Download BlueStacks for PC or Mac
- Title: BlueStacks App Player 5.4
- File Name: BlueStacksInstaller_5.4.170_native.exe
- File size: 1.1MB (1,190,024 bytes)
- Requirements: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11 (Works on all versions) or MacOS
- Languages : Multiple languages
- License: Freeware
- Developer: Bluestack Systems Inc.
- Official page: www.bluestacks.com