Another way to chat
Snapchat is a messaging application for mobile devices that allows the sending of photos, videos and filters. It was initially developed by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown under the name Picaboo and company name Snapchat Inc (which would later become Snap Inc).
Today Snapchat is one of the most downloaded applications for Android in the world, rivaling Messenger, WhatsApp or Telegram, but above all with Tik Tok where they fight for the millennial public.
The clue to its success is based on its concept of a temporary content social network. Where in addition to stories and chats, we have Snaps, which are photos or videos that have a certain duration on the network (24 hours) and that later disappear although they can be saved as memories. Something similar to Instagram Stories. In addition, the servers also delete chats and stories after a while.
The main difference of Snapchat with respect to other messaging applications is that the person sending the message can select the time that the receiver sees the message before it disappears (which can be from 1 to 10 seconds).
One of the features that made this app a pioneer are the filters that we can apply to photos and videos. Where we have a very extensive and varied library of filters to add color effects, indicate the place information, include your Bitmoji or show what you are doing.
But it also has augmented reality filters called “Lenses” to add 3D effects, objects, characters and facial transformations if we use the face glasses, and change the scenery that surrounds you thanks to the environment glasses. This library is continually growing as users can create their own filters and lenses for the community.
Snapchat also has a commercial use for advertising, since according to a study it attracts more attention than its competition. This is because temporary content is ideal to capture the attention of users with contests or promotions that last 1 day. And companies encourage their followers to share photos or videos by consuming or using their products to obtain discounts.
The problem is that Snapchat is a mobile native app, and existing desktop apps don’t retain the same quality. So if you want to install Snapchat on PC, follow the instructions I’m going to give you.
- Temporary character.
- Sending photos, videos, voice messages, files.
- No SIM card required.
- Face and environment filters.
- Creation of filters.
- Augmented reality bar.
- Supports Video Call.
- Creation and management of Groups.
- Check function “read”.
- Privacy functions (hide time, hide check).
- Message encryption.
- Animated GIFS.
- Messages do not take up space.
- Is free.
Steps to download and install Snapchat on PC
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete the Google login to access the Play Store, or do it later.
- Search for Snapchat in the search bar in the upper right corner and install it.
- Complete the Google login (if you skipped step 2) to install Snapchat.
- Click on the Snapchat icon on the Bluestacks home screen to start the app.
Download BlueStacks for PC or Mac
- Title: BlueStacks App Player 5.0
- File name: BlueStacksInstaller_188.8.131.523_native.exe
- File size: 1.1MB (1,190,024 bytes)
- Requeriments: Windows 7, Windows 8, de Windows 10, Windows 11 (Works in all versions) or macOS
- Languages: Multiple languages
- Licence: Freeware
- Developer: Bluestack Systems Inc.
- Official website: www.bluestacks.com