What is Telegram?
Telegram es una aplicación de mensajería lanzada en 2013 y desarrollada por los hermanos Nikolái Dúrov y Pável Dúrov que actualmente se usa a nivel mundial. Permite enviar mensajes, compartir archivos grandes y realizar videollamadas tanto individuales como grupales.
Telegram is a messaging application launched in 2013 and developed by the brothers Nikolái Dúrov and Pável Dúrov that is currently used worldwide. It allows you to send messages, share large files and make both individual and group video calls.
Telegram VS Whatsapp
Unlike WhatsApp, Telegram is completely cloud-based, and allows you to use its application on different devices simultaneously, since unlike WhatsApp, Telegram user accounts are not firmly linked to phone numbers.
With Telegram we can send messages that self-destruct in a certain time, or open a secret chat that works through encrypted messages from point to point (with its own protocol) and does not leave any traces on the servers.
It is also open source, which makes it an alternative for all those who have security and privacy in mind.
Telegram is faster than WhatsApp since its servers are decentralized and are not located in one place, since the company has different data centers distributed throughout the world. This avoids large drops that affect users globally as it happens with its competition.
Another interesting difference is that we can hide our phone number and simply use a nickname to identify ourselves. Something that is an advantage on the one hand but a disadvantage on the other, if we take into account that many scammers can hide their identity, and move through telegram with total privacy.
An important feature that only Telegram has are its bots, which allow the user to access information in a much more efficient way, through accesses, shortcuts or tasks. And you can for example tweet from Telegram with @TweetItBot, create a list of notes with @dotobot, even calculate something with @calcubot.
In short, Telegram is more multiplatform, more customizable, more private and secure than WhatsApp today, although it is also somewhat worse in calls, video calls and the number of users, where its competition is still king.
To run Telegram on your PC, you have two options, use the Telegram Desktop desktop version, which has limited some functionalities. Or, on the contrary, use the native version of Android through a program that is very easy to install. If you choose this option and want to install Telegram for Android on your PC, follow the instructions I’m going to give you.
- Open source.
- Decentralized architecture.
- Video calls by VOIP.
- Self-destruct Messages.
- Private keyboard for secret messages.
- Protection against screenshots.
- Biometric protection.
- End-to-end encrypted messages for secret chats.
- Integrated GIFS search engine.
- Possibility of hiding the phone number.
- Creation and management of groups.
- Query bots.
- Is free.
Steps to download and install Telegram on PC
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete the Google login to access the Play Store, or do it later.
- Search for Telegram in the search bar in the upper right corner and install it.
- Complete the Google login (if you skipped step 2) to install Telegram.
- Click on the Telegram icon on the Bluestacks home screen to start the app.
Download BlueStacks for PC or Mac
- Title: BlueStacks App Player 5.0
- File name: BlueStacksInstaller_220.127.116.113_native.exe
- File size: 1.1MB (1,190,024 bytes)
- Requeriments: Windows 7, Windows 8, de Windows 10, Windows 11 (Works in all versions) or MacOS
- Languages: Multiple languages
- Licence: Freeware
- Developer: Bluestack Systems Inc.
- Official website: www.bluestacks.com