What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video conferencing application created by Eric Yuan and developed by Zoom Video Communications Company. Launched in 2013, it is now the most widely used application for group video calls with multiple participants, ranking at the download level above Skype.
Zoom allows up to 100 simultaneous users for a maximum time of 40 minutes in the free version. But they can extend these features if they wish by subscribing to one of the paid plans. They allow up to 1000 participants and a maximum time of 30 hours.
Zoom has different Basic, Pro, Business and Enterprise plans, and has professional conference features such as Zoom Rooms that increase the limits of on-screen participants.
Today the app has grown a lot thanks to the increase in teleworking and distance education, which define a social model that is less and less decentralized.
Among the most notable features, Zoom includes password protected meetings, locked meetings, waiting rooms, user authentication, disabling participant screen sharing, random IDs, and banning problematic users.
The architecture is based on the hybrid cloud concept, and in terms of its security Zoom offers end-to-end encryption thanks to the AES256 GCM algorithm for both paid and free users. Which reinforces the security of your conversations.
Zoom also has accessibility features for the visually or hearing impaired and a transcription service for different speakers.
The app was massively adopted during the Covid-19 pandemic due to confinement and restrictions on staying in homes. Many people started using Zoom to communicate with their family or friends.
For weeks the world had to reinvent itself and this Zoom met the needs of millions of users, making it now one of the most downloaded in the world.
Zoom for PC
To run Zoom on your PC, you have 3 options, use the desktop version, the web browser or use the mobile application. The latter has all the functionalities since Zoom was originally developed for mobile systems. If you want to install Zoom for Android on your PC, follow the instructions I’m going to give you.
- Video call and Group video calls.
- Rooms or waiting rooms.
- Extreme extreme message encryption.
- Meetings blocked.
- User authentication.
- Accessibility features.
- Meeting scheduling.
- Webinar tools.
- Transcription service.
- Integration of third parties.
Steps to download and install Zoom on PC
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete the login for accessing Google Play Store, or do it later.
- Find Zoom in the search bar in the upper right corner and install it.
- Complete your Google login (if you skipped step 2) to install Zoom.
- Click the Zoom icon on the Bluestacks home screen to open the app.
Download BlueStacks for PC or Mac
- Title: BlueStacks App Player 5.4
- File Name: BlueStacksInstaller_5.4.170_native.exe
- File size: 1.1MB (1,190,024 bytes)
- Requirements: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11 (Works on all versions) or MacOS
- Languages: Multiple languages
- License: Freeware
- Developer: Bluestack Systems Inc.
- Official page: www.bluestacks.com