What is Prisma?
Prisma is a mobile application created in 2016 by Alexey Moiseenkov, Oleg Poyaganov, Ilya Frolov, Andrey Usoltsev and Aram Hardy to turn your photographs into works of art.
The app processes through an artificial intelligence based on neural networks to create artistic effects on any photograph, turning it into a painting, giving it a touch of antiquity, or completely changing the lines, or offering an animated approach (among many others).
The Prisma library adds a new filter every day, which has become the app with the largest collection of existing artistic filters, and one of the most downloaded for both IOS and Android.
With all these filters you can make your photos look like paintings by Dalí, Van Gogh or Picasso, and many other filters by famous painters that have already been included and that can offer very interesting results.
How does Prisma work?
The operation is simple, but not for that simple. The user selects the photo, which is sent to the Prisma Labs servers, where the corresponding neural network (trained for this effect) is processed through different layers and recreating the image (instead of simply inserting a layer in the image) .
All of this technology is based on machine learning NIPS (Neural Information Processing) systems, which use neural-style transfer algorithms. A technology developed before prism and independently by Stanford University.
The result of the processing is sent back to the user who can then apply contrast, brightness, exposure and sharpness changes in enhance mode.
In the past, applying these filters had a considerable delay since the photo was always analyzed regardless of the filter. But this has changed and now each uploaded photo is analyzed only once, optimizing the result times considerably.
Prisma allows you to share your creations with the community. Since prism has a wall where the community’s creations are displayed. And it has a social network to add and chat with other users.
The results it offers are simply impressive, so much so that it has been selected by google editors as one of the best Android apps.
The main problem is that the app is only available for mobile devices through the Play Store, so if you are interested in installing Prisma on your PC, follow the steps that I am going to give you below.
- Based on artificial intelligence.
- Huge filter library (updated daily).
- Possibility to modify both the foreground and the background separately.
- Possibility of changing the frames.
- Composition sharing functionality.
- It has a social network.
- It’s free, but it has a paid version.
Steps to download and install Prisma on PC
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete the Google login to access the Play Store, or do it later.
- Search for Prisma in the search bar in the upper right corner and install it.
- Complete the Google login (if you skipped step 2) to install Prisma.
- Click on the Prisma icon on the Bluestacks home screen to start the app.
Download BlueStacks for PC or Mac
- Title: BlueStacks App Player 5.0
- File name: BlueStacksInstaller_220.127.116.113_native.exe
- File size: 1.1MB (1,190,024 bytes)
- Requeriments: Windows 7, Windows 8, de Windows 10, Windows 11 (Works in all versions)
- Languages: Multiple languages
- Licence: Freeware
- Developer: Bluestack Systems Inc.
- Official website: www.bluestacks.com